Any North Indian festival is incomplete without Balushahi. Let it be Holi, Diwali. And north Indian are very particular about their dessert or mithai.
A very simple and easy mithai to make and store.
This is a complete melt in the mouth recipe. Made with refined flour or wheat flour both ways this is a yum recipe.
- 500 gram maida/refined flour
- 175 gram ghee
- 1/2 cup curd
- 1/2 baking soda
- Warm water
- Ghee for deep frying
- 700 gram sugar
- 500 gram water
- 1 tablespoon elaichi powder
- Take a bowl add flour, ghee, curd and baking soda
- You will get a crumble mixture
- Now add warm water and knead a dough
- Let it rest for half an hour, covered
- Meanwhile start making sugar syrup till one string consistency and add elaichi powder
- Now roll the dough into lemon size and press in the middle to give it a shape
- Make and keep all the balushahi
- Heat ghee in a kadai and start deep frying balushahi till golden brown
- After deep frying, pour it straight into sugar syrup and keep it dipped for half an hour
- After that remove it from sugar syrup and store it
- Balushahi is ready to eat
- Hope you loved the recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….
You can check out my YouTube channel Purvanchal’s Tadka for this video.