Have you tried this Jamun juice yet, here’s a simple recipe that you can use to store or make a drink instantly. Only few things one has to follow for the shelf life of this drink.
Welcome to my blog and thanks a lot for stopping by. Hope you love this recipe, do let me know through your comments.
Jamun or Java plum are seasonal fruit of India, one can find them during rainy season from June to September.
This is a local fruit grown here with a lovely taste and health benefits.
One can usually find them served in green leaves sprinkled with kala namak or black salt and believe me this tastes yum.
Here’s the recipe card for making a healthy drink with Kala Jamun
Kala Jamun juice
- 1 cup de-seeded jamun/java plum
- 1/4 cup sugar (or according to taste)
- 1/4 tablespoon jeera powder /cumin
- 1/4 tablespoon Kala namak /black salt (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup water
- Boil Jamun with water and sugar, for 2 minutes
- Let it cool down completely
- If you haven’t de-seeded the Jamun, do it after boiling
- Pour the mixture in a blender
- Add jeera powder, lemon juice and salt
- Blend on high speed
- Strain the Jamun pulp
- This pulp is thick
- store it in air tight container
- And dilute it with water when serving
- This stays fresh for a week, if you have boiled.
- Serve it chilled
- Kala Jamun juice is ready in this lovely weather.
- Hope you loved this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….