Have you ever tried arbi dip or chokha, we all love the leaves of taro plant. But this dip is equally tasty and yum.
Did you know Taro leaves and roots both are high on fiber.
They also help in weight loss.
This recipe is a very desi one which we love eating with bajra or makka ki roti.
Super quick to make and serve. Goes well during winter seasons. My In laws favourite one.
Frankly saying I was introduced to this recipe by my mother in law, did find it quite interesting and thought of sharing with the world here, also to keep it preserved for the next generation.
Welcome back to another blog with one of my native recipes, unique and delicious. A very traditional recipe which comes from our great grannies time.
Arbis are very easily available in any market. Search for less dark spots and clean one’s.
So, let’s get the ingredients here
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #arbidip#tarodip#indianfood#mashedtaro
- 250 grams Arbi /Taro roots
- 4 to 5 garlic
- 3 to 4 green chili
- 1/2 teaspoon ajwain /carom seeds(roasted)
- 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder
- 3 to 4 tablespoon mustard oil
- Salt as per taste
- Handful of coriander leaves
- Pressure cook Arbi till 2 to 3 whistles.
- Let it cool down completely
- Peel off the skin and mash the Arbi
- Take a bowl add the mashed Arbi
- Smoke garlic n green chili on open fire till it turns smokey
- Chop the garlic n green chili add in the Arbi
- Pour mustard oil, with ajwain, amchur powder, salt,coriander leaves
- Mix them well
- While serving drizzle more oil and plate.
- Hope you enjoyed this recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….
Leave a Reply