As the name says, yes this is an Italian recipe. So this pasta is made with spaghetti, but you can have variations of your choice. Today I am sharing with you this super saver recipe for all the vegetarians who travel abroad. Which you can enjoy without any guilt.
This classic pasta dish is from Southern Italy near about Naples area, can be made in just 15 minutes.
This recipe was made by my teens so I had to only sit and enjoy 😉 no no don’t get me wrong I was their guiding them. To make this interesting they did add some cherry tomatoes. Using cheese is completely optional as traditional no cheese is used.we added some herbs and Chilli flakes to that spiciness.
Meaning of Aglio e olio
This means olive oil and garlic. So simple and easy pasta to make.
Let’s get the recipe here
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #aglioolio
Aglio e olio recipe
- 1 packet spaghetti
- 1 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 2 tablespoon chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes cut into half
- Here we will need a boiling pot for boiling pasta. Read the directions on the package and follow.
- Keep the boiled water for further use.
- Take a non stick pan Pour oil and butter, let it melt
- Add in the chopped garlic with some salt
- Cook till garlic turns pink
- Now add in the herbs, chilli flakes and cherry tomatoes, saute them a bit
- Add in black pepper powder, mix it
- Now add in a 2 ladles of the boiled water from the pasta
- Give it a mix
- Add the boiled pasta gently mix all
- Adjust seasoning according
- Traditional Aglio e olio is ready to you enjoy.
- Hope you like the recipe.