Originated on the streets of Mumbai, this pulao has created a benchmark in every Mumbaikar’s list of food. We all love the flavour, the aroma and the taste.
Tawa pulao has a very unique taste due to the pav bhaji masala used in it. Famously made on a huge tawa so the name Tawa pulao. You can use kadhai as huge Tawa is only owned by street vendors. The taste is very much the same, so no worries.
The veggies used are the same as the ones in pav bhaji. The trick here is the butter is used not oil, if want you can divide half portion with butter n half with oil.
This recipe requires cooked rice, one can use leftover rice or just cook the rice two hours before making Tawa pulao.
Simple and easy rice or say one-pot recipe, enjoy this with some pickled onions.
Do try this recipe as it’s quick to make and easy to finish 😁 for the pav bhaji recipe here’s the link Pav-Bhaji
You might also like this recipe Masala Pav/How to make Masala pav
Let’s get the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #tawapulao
- 1 cup boiled rice or leftover rice
- 1 cup mixed vegetables [ chopped cabbage, capsicum, cauliflower and green peas]
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 to 2 teaspoon pav bhaji masala
- 3 to 4 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon Kashmiri Lal mirch
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- Heat a kadhai with butter and oil
- Add ginger-garlic paste
- Let it cook a bit, then add in chopped onions, cook till soft
- Add all the given vegetables mix them well, close the lid and cook the veggies
- Now, add tomatoes cook till soft
- Mash the veggies with the spatula
- Mix all well
- Add in pav bhaji masala, garam masala and red chili powder
- Mix well
- Sprinkle salt and mix
- Now, add in the cooked rice mix it well
- Tawa pulao is ready to be enjoyed when piping hot
- Hope you like this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….