Today being Basant Panchami which means start of phalgun month.Today whole of India celebrates Saraswati puja ,as toddlers are sent to the temple with slate and pencil for the beginning of their studies,to seek blessing from Goddess Saraswati.
Every temple has their puja done.i also went to temple nearby with my Bengali friend’s ,this ritual i do every year and love having the mahaprasad there.
Today instead of buying mithai (sweets) from shop i thaught of making it in the house.this is really simple recipe to make,with few ingredients and your peda is ready.
We mostly offer everything to god yellow today,so thaught of making peda with kesar or saffron.
#purvanchalstadka #foodphotograhy #indianfoodblogger #foodbloggers #peda#milkpowderpeda#milkpowderrecipes#dudhpeda
- 2 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon elaichi powder/ cardamom
- Few strands of saffron soaked in luke warm milk
- 2 tablespoon ghee
- 1 tablespoon pistachios (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon pistachios for garnish
- Take a pan or kadai in which you will cook the mixture
- Pour in milk and sugar,mix it
- Now,add in the milk powder
- Mix it well
- No lumps should remain
- On the flame keep the kadai
- Keep stirring the mixture till it thickens
- Add ghee
- This has to be done till 15 minutes, while continuously stirring
- Meanwhile add elaichi powder and saffron milk
- Mix it
- Cook till the mixture starts leaving the pan or kadai
- Mixture will look like khoya or grainy in texture
- Once the mixture comes to a little room temperature, don’t completely cool it down,it has to be hot so that pedas are formed well
- Grease your palm with ghee and start making small balls of desired quantity
- Press them flat and garnish with chopped pistachio
- Your kesar dudh peda is ready
Looks really delicious and tempting