Rava appe is quick and best for those morning struggles when everything has to be in fractions,a best snack for any occasion.
Appe is basically south Indian dish which is made with idli batter,but if you are in hurry and want a quick appe then making rava appe is best.Here we use semolina/rava and curd with little water to make the batter,if you wish you can add vegetable of your like,i have made a simple version of appe here.
Before making these appes we have to rest this batter for 15 minutes so that semolina soaks all the curd along with water and is of perfect consistency,if you notice the batter to be quite thick after 15 minutes you can add more water to it.
Many people use fruit salt or soda while making appe to make it fluffy,but if you want you can skip this,i have not used any soda here,still my appe were fluffy and soft.
So,let’s get started
Instant Rava Appe
- 250 grams Rava/semolina
- 250 grams curd
- Water as per requirement
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tablespoon Grated ginger
- 1/2 tablespoon rai/mustard seeds
- Mix rava,salt and curd together with a whisk
- Cover and keep for 15 minutes
- After 15 minutes if you notice the batter to be too thick pour water
- Consistency of the batter has to be thick,just like idli batter
- Now, add in chopped onions, green chillies and grated ginger
- Mix well
Tempering the batter :
- Heat a small fry pan with oil add rai let it splatter, add curry leaves
- Pour it on the batter
- Mix it well
- Now appe batter is ready to cook
- Place the appe pan on the stove, drizzle oil
- Pour one tablespoon batter in all the moulds
- Cover and cook on low flame for 5minute’s
- After 5 minutes flip it on the other side and cook for 2 minutes
- That’s it, appe is ready to be served
- Serve Instant Rava appe with coconut chutney
- Simple and quick, only this reading is long process but cooking is fast😊
- Until then keep exploring….
Categories: south indian recipe