I do call this recipe classic as nothing can beat the taste of this simple upma.
Doctors also recommend of eating upma if one is unwell. This simple tadka upma is available at any restaurant or street food vendors. This recipe is a no fail proof one…you will never be disappointed while cooking this. Leaving all the worries about serving healthy food to your loved ones.
In our house we at times have upma as our dinner also. Light yet wholesome.
Simple and quick to make. Healthy and wholesome. With some basic ingredients easily available in the kitchen pantry. So, without wasting time let’s get the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #upma#classicupma
- 1 cup rava/Semolina
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato chopped
- 1/4 tablespoon urad dal(without skin)
- 1/2 tablespoon mustard seed
- 5 to 6 curry leaves
- 2 tablespoon oil /ghee
- 2 to 3 green chili chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 2 to 3 cups boiled water
- First take a pan and dry roast the rava till light brown
- Keep water for boiling on another stove.
- Heat oil /ghee in a pan add in urad dal let it turn golden brown, now add in mustard seed let them crackle
- Add in green chili, onion and curry leaves
- Cook till the onion turns pink
- Add tomatoes and fry for few seconds
- Add in the roasted rava
- Mix it well
- Pour in the boiled water, salt
- Give it a nice mix
- Cover with a lid and cook for 5 minutes
- Open the lid mix it again
- It should be completely dried up
- Off the flame
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot
- Your classic upma is ready, healthy and wholesome.
- Hope you liked the recipe.
- Until then keep exploring…….