Muthiyas are steamed dumplings with whatever veggies you like.
Today I am sharing with you muli muthiya,a healthy and nutritional recipe.A best way to make anyone eat radish or muli who doesn’t like.
I have used besan and maize flour here with grated radish and some spices to enhance the taste.
Why is it healthy?
As we all know anything steamed is healthy.
Here i have deepfried to make my kids eat,muthiyas are of two types one fried and one are just steamed.
Let’s get the recipe
- 1 cup grated raddish/muli
- 1 cup besan/chickpea flour
- 1/2 cup maize flour
- 1/4 tablespoon haldi powder
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 1/2 red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 tablespoon amchur powder
- Pinch of hing
- Water for making dough
- 1/2 tablespoon Rai/mustard seeds
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seed
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a bowl mix all the given masala,salt and flour
- Add water and knead a hard dough
- Roll into cylindrical shape
- Keep them on a steamer and steam for 25 minutes or till the pierced knife comes out clear
- Remember to grease the plate with oil before steaming
- After steaming cut them into desired shape
- Give Tadka and eat if you don’t want fried one’s
- Heat fry pan with little oil
- Add rai and sesame seed
- Let them crackle
- Pour straight on the muthiyas
For deep frying
- Take a kadhai with oil
- Deep fry all the cut pieces till golden brown
- Now, give Tadka on them as per direction given above
- Your muli muthiya is ready to be served
- Whichever version you choose taste is just awesome
- Hope you liked this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….
Leave a Reply