Chai as we all know is an integral part of Indian culture and food. Life without chai for me is unimaginable. So thought of sharing with you this masala chai recipe.
A typical tapri wali chai which we all enjoy while traveling through road. This chai just makes one’s journey more memorable.
What exactly goes in making this masala chai?
Some spices, tea and sugar.
Let’s get the recipe
- 2 tablespoon tea leaves
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 elaichi /cardamom
- 2 black pepper
- 2 lavang /clove
- 1/2 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 tablespoon sugar or as per taste
- Take a saucepan add water and milk, bring it to boil
- Once boiling add tea leaves, sugar
- Lower the flame
- Meanwhile grind a coarse powder of lavang, elaichi, black pepper and ginger in mortar pestle
- Add it in the boiling tea
- Now boil this tea for 5 minutes on low flame, while continuously stirring
- After 5 minutes off the flame and strain the tea in desired cups
- Your masala chai is ready to be enjoyed in any season.
- Enjoy this tea with your loved ones
- Hope you liked this recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….