Milk powder that too home made, sounds too much right, but trust me I did try to make milk powder and the result was amazing.
Never thought that milk powder can be made at home. A simple process is involved and you are good to go.
Pure and preservative free. This can be used in making kheer, mithai and so many desserts. My son is eating it straight away and enjoying it, says just keep it for me.
Having said that let’s get the recipe
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Take a large kadhai and start boiling the milk
- Boil the milk on medium flame
- Stir it continuously
- Boil till milk solidifies ,just like khoya
- Once khoya is formed let it cool down
- Spread it on a plate and sundry it
- I have sun-dried it only one day as it’s month of May and in India it is summer.
- After sundrying grind it to fine powder by adding sugar in it
- Powder has to be fine
- Your Milk powder is ready
- Store it in an air tight container
- This goes for a month in room temperature