Wish I would have tried this recipe a bit earlier, but that’s ok. I am happy about making this and enjoying it.
Before you start reading let me wish you a very Happy New Year……2022
Potatoes are everyone’s favourite, recipes with them are filled everywhere. This mashed potato is going to make your day, just spread them on toasted bread it tastes so good. You are done with your breakfast.
Here potatoes are boiled and mashed with milk. To enhance the flavour we can add herbs. A five-minute recipe if you have boiled potatoes in your pantry.
With very few ingredients this yum recipe gets ready.
Mashed potato is just like the chokha we make in Uttar Pradesh or Bihar though the difference here olive oil, cheese and milk. IF you like do check the chokha recipe here Aloo chokha/ Hare Baigan ka bharta/Green aubergines dip/How to make hare baigan ka bharta/ Baigan aur Aloo ka chokha/bharta/How to make baigan ka bharta
Try these different recipes for a change if you haven’t made them.
While making these mashed potatoes do keep in mind the kind of potato you select, no I am not scaring you with something fancy here this recipe very easy one. The thing to remember is potato shouldn’t be new (naya aloo) this will make the mashed potato hard which we don’t want.
We want the potato to be fluffy and soft.
So let’s get the recipe
- 2 potatoes
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 tablespoon fresh coriander chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- Mixed herbs
- Chili flakes
- 1/2 cup cheese
- First boil potatoes, peel them and mashed in a bowl
- In the same bowl add black pepper powder, salt, garlic, coriander leaves, milk, cheese,olive oil, chili flakes and herbs. Give it a nice mix till airy and fluffy.
- Mashed potatoes are ready to enjoyed with some garlic bread or a simple bread.
- Hope you liked this recipe.
- Until then keep exploring……..