When i was too young and one of my uncle use to get these yummy shrikhand from his dairy i use to wonder how they make this? These people are so talented 😆we can never ever think of making shrikhand. I mean for me it was a huge deal….later to realise that its made from hung curd….and now i can make sell them in his dairy😊..Shrikhand has been my favourite since childhood, you might have guessed till now…i love having them with puris.Today i am sharing kesar elaichi shrikhand with you….this is made in every household and i belong to one of them…lol
Shrikhand is basically a Maharastrian and Gujrati dessert loved by whole world.Born and brought up un Mumbai, so directly even my favourite is shrikhand.
Lets get the recipe
#purvanchalstadka #foodphotograhy #indianfoodblogger #foodbloggers #shrikhand #kesar#elaichi #yoghurt #hungcurd
- 2 cups curd (preferably homemade as store bought one’s turn sour)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 pinch kesar (soaked in warm milk)
- 1/2 tablespoon elaichi powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped pistachio for garnish
- Hung the curd in a muslin cloth or any cotton dupatta you might be having
- I would suggest you to hung it in the refrigerator as it won’t get sour .
- Leaving it out may make the curd too tangy,especially in hot season.
- So do tie it in the refrigerator with bowl below the hanging curd
- Leave it overnight, as the curd has to be creamy and velvety.
- You need to have patients while making shrikhand.
- After leaving the curd overnight remove it in bowl
- Add in powdered sugar, elaichi powder, kesar or saffron and chopped pistachio
- Mix it well with whisk
- Your Kesar elaichi shrikhand is ready to be served.
- Enjoy them with puris
- You can store them in refrigerator for a week.