Went to the vegetable market yesterday and got this lovely lauki.a small one, perfect for bhajiya,just grabbed them and straight went into the kitchen, next days snack idea was ready with me.It really tastes yum,some might feel the taste like cucumber. In india when its monsoon season we die for all kinds of bhajiyas,lauki being one of them.
Nothing much is required for the recipe, all the basic ingredients are available in the kitchen pantry.this is my MILs favorite one.
So are you prepared for the recipe, lets start
#foodbloggers #purvanchalstadka #bhajiya#foodphotograhy #indianfoodblogger #indiancooking #bottlegourd#lauki
- 1 lauki (bottlegourd) long and thin
- 2 cups besan (chickpea flour)
- 1/2 tablespoon ajwain/ carom
- 1/4 tablespoon haldi powder/turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 2 tablespoon oil (for pouring in the batter)
- Oil for deep frying
- Water for the batter
- Peel and wash the lauki/bottlegourd
- Slice them thin with the slicer
- Take a bowl add besan and all the given masalas
- Mix them well
- Add water little by little and mix
- We want a thick consistency here.
- Add oil and salt
- Check the salt once and adjust as per your taste
- Heat oil in kadai
- Dip the slices one by one in the batter and deep fry till golden brown
- Do same with rest of the lauki slices
- Serve with coriander chutney
- Lauki bhajiya is ready enjoy it in any weather with family and friends.
Categories: snacks, tea snacks