Ever wondered what that red chutney in your Vada pao was, which tastes so delicious and makes the vada pao more spicy. This chutney is also available in grocery shops every where in Maharashtra, guessing why Maharashtra so let me tell you Garlic chutney originates from here. Maharashtrian people are fond of eating their meals a bit spicy and this gives exact pungent taste with any thing, not necessarily you have them in Vada Pao indulge this chutney with your parathas, this goes so well.
Ingredients required for this chutney is easily available in your kitchen pantry. Simple and easy to make. Store it for months in your refrigerator and enjoy as you like. I’ll be sharing with you the exact way of making this chutney here,
After trying this recipe of Garlic chutney I am sure you’ll be drooling over this.
So, let’s get started
#foodblogger #purvanchaltadka #garlicchutney
Garlic chutney/ Lehsun ki chutney
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 10 to 12 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 cup dried coconut (Chopped or grated)
- 2 tablespoon white sesame seed
- 1/2 cup kashmiri Lal mirch/ Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- Heat oil in a pan, add in garlic saute for few seconds
- Add in dried coconut , along with sesame seed
- Fry all this only for a minute
- Let it cool down completely
- Take a mixer jar add the mixture along with red chili powder, salt
- Pulse the mixture by few seconds then stop , pulse again till you have a coarse powder
- If you pulse the mixture in one go , mixture starts leaving oil, which we don’t want
- Once grinded well, it’s ready to be served
- You can store this for month in air tight container.
- Relish them with Vada pao or parathas
- Adjust red chili powder according to your desired taste
- This is kashmiri Lal mirch so you will only get the red colour with a little spiciness
- Hope you liked this recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….