Haldi doodh is an age old recipe passed on from generations to generations and this recipe never fails you.This is also called as Talfa in my region.Haldi is More of medicinal value and used in Ayurvedic medicines since ages.Drink it in correct quantity and time, will difinetely improve your health issues
What is Haldi doodh or Golden milk
Haldi or turmeric is considered as the golden spice of India.Haldi has being used in ayurvedic medicine from ages.It contains antioxidant properties.Milk as we all know is best in calcium and when haldi is added this makes it a superdrink in any way.So ,when haldi and milk are combined with some more herbs this is called as Haldi dhoodh or Golden milk
Benefits of Haldi Dhoodh:
Haldi reduces swelling in your body
Helps in healing wounds quickly
Helpful in cold and lung infections
Today I am sharing with you a full proof recipe of haldi milk or golden milk,which my mother in law has been making since ages in this family,and whenever our family is down with cold and cough this golden jewel is served every night after dinner.
After drinking this milk you don’t have to drink water till one hour,so it is suggested that you drink haldi doodh after your dinner and before going to bed,if you follow this regularly you will definitely notice the difference.
Not only when you are suffering from cold n cough you can drink haldi doodh,this can be taken on daily basis also for good health.Haldi doodh also boosts immunity.
Why Jaggery is good for health:
For sweetner here you have to add jaggery not sugar.As jaggery is a best sweetner and healthy option.
Jaggery is also called as desi sugar,in rural areas(here I am talking about Uttar pradesh region)
Jaggery is obtained from boiling sugar-cane
cleanse the body toxins,eases digestion system.Prevents from constipation.
Jaggery is loaded with antioxidants and minerals.If you are working in steel plant industry,so it is highly recommendable to have jaggery aka gur to clear all the toxins in your body,my husband does eat a small piece of jaggery every day as he works in a steel plant.
So it is suggested to have jaggery in Haldi doodh rather than sugar,but if you don’t have jaggery gur then go ahead with sugar.
Let’s get the recipe quick
- 2 cup milk
- 1/2 tablespoon haldi powder/turmeric
- 5 to 6 holy Indian holy basil leaves/Tulsi patta
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 4 to 5 black pepper
- 4 lavang/cloves
- 2 tablespoon jaggery /gur
- Take a bowl,pour in the milk
- Bring it to boiling point
- Once it starts boiling add in haldi/turmeric powder
- Crushed ginger,black pepper and lavang/cloves and tulsi leaves
- Boil it for 5 minutes
- Keep stirring it otherwise it will overflow
- Off the flame and let the milk cool for 5 minutes atleast
- Now add in jaggery/gur ( if you add jaggery while the milk is hot there are chances that milk will crudle)
- Stir it well
- Strain it
- Drink it while it’s hot.This is recommended for people suffering from cold n cough,drink every night before going to bed
- If you are drinking only for healthy purpose then hot or cold as you prefer,but moreover it’s recommendable to drink warm.
- Hope you liked the recipe
- Until then keep exploring……..
Wonderful share! Sounds delicious & nutritious!
Hey! Thank you agreed with you completely nutritious
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haldi doodh with jaggery is soothing for mind and body during winters. Loved it.
Thank you Vidya😊 n agreed with you
LikeLiked by 1 person