Gulab Jamun’s are my weakness and I would really not experiment with them unless and until I think they are worth. But let me tell you here Rava gulab Jamun are no less tasty than khoya or any instant mix, if they are made according to the recipe given. So I would suggest you to experiment with your food but with a good recipe.
This blog is the right place for you if one is searching for that perfect Suji gulab Jamun recipe. Trust me this is no fail recipe .
What exactly we need here?
Roasted rava/semolina with some milk powder, ghee and milk. Sugar syrup as well and lot of love.
Rava/semolina are such a versatile ingredient that it is used in making dhokla, idli, dosa, halwa and many more including this gulab Jamun here. So not wasting more time here,lets start the recipe
Suji Gulab Jamun
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1 cup rava /suji/semolina
- 2 cups milk
- 3/4 cup ghee
- 1 tablespoon elaichi powder
- Ghee/Oil for deep-frying
For sugar syrup
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- Some saffron strands
- Dry roast suji on low flame till light brown
- Heat 2 tablespoon ghee add suji, stir it well
- Add in milk powder
- Pour in milk and bring the mixture together, while continuously stirring
- Once the mixture leaves the pan and forms a dough off the flame
- Spread it on a plate if needed add more ghee for the dough to be soft and let it cool, but not completely
- Meanwhile start making sugar syrup
- Pour water in a saucepan,saffron and sugar
- Bring it to boil for 10 minutes or till one thread consistency
- Heat ghee in a kadhai Deep fry one by one the gulab Jamun
- Don’t stir it immediately
- It tends to break
- Leave it for few minutes and when you notice the colour changing to dark brown, stir it
- Deep-fry all the suji gulab Jamun and dip them into the sugar syrup
- If the sugar syrup has gone cold, you can reheat it and add gulab Jamun.
- Leave it for an hour
- Suji gulab Jamun are ready to surprise your loved ones
- Tasty and delicious
- Hope you loved this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….