Have you heard about Falafel or eaten, I guess many of you might have tasted this dish. How many of you have tried making this at home or searching for any easy recipe, then you are in the right place, go ahead and do enjoy by reading and cooking.
What is Falafel?
This is a Mediterranean dish with mashed chickpea flavored with some spices and served with pita bread or enjoyed with hummus.
When one hears Mediterranean dish instance thought comes to our mind is non veg, yes but this particular dish is vegetarian ,so be happy.
It usually gets difficult for pure vegetarian people like me to eat while traveling abroad , falafel are savour for us.
Nutrition level is high on falafel for chickpea being the main ingredient here. Falafel is served with pita bread but you can have them with your favorite dip also. Middle East countries do have some awesome cuisine, which we can include in our daily cooking.
Furthermore you can even use your regular roti and stuff falafel with the given curd mixture and chutney, one of the best lunch box recipe to pack for your kids or for office.
Reasons to love your falafel
- These are gluten free and vegan
- They are crispy from out and soft n delicious from inside.
- Deep fried falafel tastes much tastier than baked(this is my opinion anyways)
- Rich on protein
- A very simple and no fuss recipe
- Best party starter for any occasion.
Let’s get the recipe card :
- 1/2 cup chickpea flour /besan
- 1 cup chickpea /kabuli chana
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper powder
- A bunch of coriander leaves
- 7 to 8 garlic
- 1/4 tablespoon jeera/cumin
- Coriander chutney for garnish
- Curd and onion mixture for garnish
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt as per taste
- oil for deep frying
- shredded cabbage for garnish
- Roti for making wrap
- Wash and soak chickpea overnight in water
- Next day take a blender jar add chickpea, onion, lemon juice, jeera, coriander leaves, garlic and salt
- Grind into a coarse paste
- Add chickpea flour and blend again
- Remove the falafel mixture in a bowl
- Add black pepper powder
- Mix it well
- Refrigerator it for 2 hours
- After 2 hours remove it from the fridge and start making small lemon size balls out of the dough
- Heat oil for deep-frying
- Deep-fry till golden brown in colour
- Add one ball at a time in the oil to make it easy for frying
- Falafel is ready to be served
- Enjoy it while crispy hot with your favorite dip.
- Serve it on cabbage leaves and garnish with coriander chutney and the curd mixture.
- You can wrap falafel in roti with curd mixture and chutney
- Hope this recipe was interesting.
- For more recipes do check the blog
- Until then keep exploring…….
Leave a Reply