Carrot soups are creamy, lite and healthy one. Best way to make your kids have their carrots. As this dish does have potato for that creamy texture.
A perfect winter soup or for any lazy Sunday when one doesn’t want to cook, this healthy soup can be served with some of your favorite breads.
Making carrot soup is quite easy process. Just involves carrots, potatoes and some spices to get that taste. This soup can be made and stored in the refrigerator and warm it up before serving.
Carrots are good for eyesight and skin.
My daughter is not fond of eating vegetables and carrots I think she’ll never ever dream of eating, this is the only way to make her eat. Actually she was convinced of the potatoes been used here. What else will any mother want when your kids start eating more healthy food.
Coming to the recipe here, let’s get started
- 4 carrots chopped
- 1 potato chopped
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 – 7 garlic cloves
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- Heat butter and oil in a pan
- Add bay leaf, garlic and saute
- Add chopped onions, carrots and potatoes saute till light brown in colour
- Pour water,close the lid and cook for 5 minutes
- Let the mixture cool down completely
- Grind it to a fine paste
- Strain the pulp
- Reheat in the same pan pour in the grinded mixture, add in water for desired consistency, with salt
- Add butter and boil for 1 minute
- Sprinkle black pepper powder
- Serve it hot
- With some croutons
- Potato gives a creamy texture to the soup
- If you wish you can skip using potato,instead use cornflour for the creamy texture
- Here’s a lovely carrot soup ready for indulgence
- Hope you liked this recipe
- Until then keep exploring……