Making of paneer tikka is very simple with a few points to remember if you want that hotel style paneer tikka sashlik.
By following a perfect recipe you can definitely get that scrumptious taste at home as well.
Key ingredient for tikka is mustard oil, yes this oil gives you the exact flavour and the smoky texture. If you switch using mustard oil I guess the taste will differ a lot.
This recipe is a famous one for any North Indian restos as north Indian do love using mustard oil in their food.
A protein packed snack for any time, which keeps one full. Here your favorite veggies are marinated with mixture of curd along with paneer and what exactly the mixture is that you will know in the recipe card, so let’s get started…
Paneer Tikka sashlik
- 1 cup Paneer cubes
- 1 cup shimla mirch/capsicum chopped in square
- 1 cup onion chopped in square
- 1 cup tomato chopped in cubes n pulp removed
- Butter for grilling
- 1/2 cup mustard oil
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tablespoon besan /chickpea flour
- 1/4 teaspoon jeera powder
- 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder /dhaniya powder
- 1/2 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1/4 tablespoon kasuri methi
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- Take a bowl add in curd,now add besan, coriander powder, jeera powder, kashmiri red chilli, salt, garam masala powder, kasuri methi and mustard oil and mix it
- Mixture for tikka is ready
- Now,add the chopped veggies in this bowl with paneer and coat well
- Leave it for an hour
- After an hour prick the veggies and paneer in skewers
- Heat griddle or tawa
- Apply butter, place the skewers on them
- Keep applying butter on all sides
- Grill till golden brown
- Take on a plate drizzle with lemon juice and mayonnaise
- Serve them hot
- Paneer tikka is ready
- Hope you loved this simple recipe for more do visit again.
- Until then keep exploring…….
- Mustard oil gives that smoky flavour to this tikka just like hotels so don’t skip using it.