Traveling makes one wiser and stronger, who doesn’t love taking trips to beautiful destination. Today I am taking you to Uttar Pradesh state through this post and showcasing how a simple vegetable can be transformed into an awesome dessert or mithai.
Parwal or point gourd as the name suggests is full of nutrition. This veggie can be consumed both savoury and sweet,a very common vegetable in every Indian household.
To be very frank I am not a Parwal fan at all just don’t like the seeds in it, now you might think who eats seeds but let me tell you in my house my in-laws are crazy for this so I don’t scope out the pulp or the seed while making sabzi. But here in this case one has to scope out the pulp and stuff khoya which I am loving 😄
A very simple and easy recipe to make on any festival. Make them prior to the festive day and serve it chilled, taste awesome. Trust me on this and do give it a try.
These yummy mithai are a common scene in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar. If ever you have visited to kachori gali of Kashi Vishwanath temple one will notice these sweet in every sweet shop, simple and delicious recipe.
Let’s get the recipe card here
Parwal Ki Mithai
- 3 parwals/point gourd
- 100 grams khoya
- 3 tablespoon powdered sugar(adjust according to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon elaichi powder/cardamom
- 2 tablespoon dry fruit powder(cashews + almonds)
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Scrape skin of the parwal
- Slit parwals in the center and gently scoop the pulp out, now wash them
- Boil water ,add sugar bring this to one thread consistence(just like gulab jamun syrup)
- Add the slit parwals and cover with a lid
- Cook for 2 minutes, that’s enough other wise parwals will be overcooked
- Remove them from the syrup and let parwal cool completely, drain excess of sugar syrup out by gently squeezing them
- Take a bowl add khoya, sugar, dry fruit powder and elaichi powder
- Mix it well
- Gently, stuff this mixture into these parwals
- Garnish with some chopped almonds or silver vark if you have
- Parwal ki mithai is ready in minutes ,isn’t this easy one
- Do give it a try and let me know in the comment section
- Until then keep exploring…….