Often times we have to deal with leftover food be it savoury or meetha. This festive season I was left with meetha boondi which, when was fresh was consumed quickly as I stored it in refrigerator so that it’s shelf life increases, no one… Literally no one is interested in eating them. Now I can’t waste this, so just thought of turning these boondis into something fresh creamy and subtle. You can have them cold or hot.
Boondi kheer balances the sweetness, there is no excess of sugary taste due to the milk added in it.
This kheer is a fusion recipe to surprise your guests or loved ones.
Serves well on all the festive season, as the Indian festival are around the corner, do try this scrumptious Boondi kheer.
This kheer is completely rich in taste as we have added dry fruit, milk powder and milk.
Detailed recipe card is here
- 2 cup milk
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup dry fruit powder (almond n cashews)
- 1 1/2 cup boondi (sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon elaichi powder
- Pinch of saffron strands
- 2 tablespoon sugar or as per taste
- Take pan, boil milk for 1 minute
- Add saffron strands
- Add milk powder and stir
- Keep the flame low
- Add dry fruit powder
- Mix well
- Now add in Boondi
- Add in elaichi powder and sugar
- Boil for few minutes (2 minutes)
- Off the flame
- Let the kheer cool down, as it cools kheer tends to thicken due to boondis
- Creamy and thick boondi kheer is ready
- Milk powder and dry fruit powder gives this kheer an extra flavour and texture.
- Boondi ki kheer is ready to be served
- Hope you loved this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….