Haldi ki sabzi is a common dish in Rajasthani household. Tastes awesome and full of nutrition.
Making this sabzi is quite simple, with a little perfect recipe.
Haldi/turmeric is good for bones,Immunity booster .
Made specially during winters as this is the time when Kacchi haldi is available in market.
This recipe is made with Desi ghee to mild the strong aroma of haldi and tastes much better.
While peeling the skin of haldi you have to be careful with not wearing any whites and cover your hands with gloves, unless you are OK with all yellow palm.
I would suggest to serve this sabzi like you serve any side dish or chutney, as one won’t be able to consume haldi sabzi like a curry.
Let’s get the recipe now
Kacchi haldi ki sabzi
- 100grams raw turmeric /kacchi haldi
- 3 lavang/clove
- 2 Kali mirch/black peppercorns
- 1 green elaichi
- 1 inch dalchini stick
- 1/4 tablespoon jeera /cumin seeds
- 2 onions chopped
- 2 tablespoon garlic chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- Salt as per taste
- 4 to 5 tablespoon ghee and some more for deep frying
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup green peas
- coriander leaves for garnishing
Some detailed pictures here
- First peel and clean the turmeric with a peeler
- wash them and chop it fine
- Remember to wear your gloves on, as haldi stains your hand
- After chopping haldi fine, heat a kadhai or wok with ghee and deep fry chopped haldi till golden brown
- Set aside
- Take a bowl add yogurt ,add in coriander powder, red chilli powder ,garam masala powder and mix it well, set this mixture aside
- Heat the same kadhai or wok add ghee let it heat up a bit
- Add kali mirch, lavang, green cardamom, dalchini and jeera let it splutter
- Add chopped onions and saute for a minute
- add grated ginger and let it cook
- Now, add chopped garlic and cook
- once all this is done add in the fried haldi
- Mix well
- Lower the flame, add in the yogurt mixture and keep stirring constantly
- Add green peas , cover and cook till the peas are done
- Open the lid, add in chopped tomato and salt
- Cook for another 1 minute
- Garnish with coriander leaves
- Serve hot or store in the refrigerator
- This is good for a week in an air tight container
- Spicy and simple recipe this is, hope you liked it
- Serve it with rotis
- Until then keep exploring…….
LikeLiked by 2 people