Hey, guys welcome to my post if you are searching for a recipe with fenugreek, spinach and corn this is it. Try this Indian curry on any day and you will love it.
Made with leafy veggies perfect with naan or roti. This is a speedy recipe with no fuss around.
Buy fresh Spinach and fenugreek leaves, a lot depends on the freshness of the vegetables. Taste does change if the leaves you are using are not fresh. So to get the taste go fresh.
Now, what is required in this recipe is not much you’ll see on the recipe card. This curry is my favourite one in my house.
Cook and store in the refrigerator enjoy when you are hungry.
Let’s get the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #methipalakcurry
Palak Methi Corn
- 1 bundle spinach/palak
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves/ Methi
- 1 cup sweetcorn
- 2 onions Chopped
- 5 garlic pods
- 1-inch ginger
- 5 to 6 cashew nuts
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon ghee
- 2 green chilli/ 2 dry red chilli
- 1 teaspoon jeera/ cumin
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 4 peppercorns
- 4 cloves
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Haldi powder/turmeric
- 2 teaspoon red Chilli powder Kashmiri
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 2 teaspoon salt or according to taste
- Water as per the consistency
- Wash and blanch spinach strain it under cold water and grind to a fine paste.
- Same way wash and blanch methi leaves and grind them into a paste
- Keep aside both the paste
- Heat oil in a pan add onion, ginger, cashew nuts, peppercorns, cloves and garlic saute till light brown, cool it and grind to a paste. Keep aside
- Meanwhile, boil water in another pan add salt once it starts boiling, add sweet corn, boil for 2 minutes, and strain and keep aside.
- In the same pan heat, oil and butter add jeera let it turn brown add in the onion paste and cook for 5 minutes on low flame keep stirring it.
- After 5 minutes add Haldi powder, coriander powder and Chilli powder saute for two more minutes
- Pour in both the spinach and methi paste in the pan along with corn
- Stir well and cook for 5 minutes after that add garam masala, sugar, salt, tomato sauce and water according to desired consistency.
- Boil for a few more minutes off the flame and keep aside
- Take a tadka pan pour ghee add jeera, green chilli , red chilli pour this Tadka on the spinach methi corn curry
- Enjoy this with hot rotis applied with ghee