Baking cake’s don’t require any occasion for me atleast, if you feel like having a cake just bake them up, that’s how simple it is.
Pineapple cake tastes yummy and smells too yummy… I mean the flavor of pineapple is just drooling , if you are not a pineapple cake fan I bet after trying out this recipe you will be one.
We all have heard this baking is a science… Right!! But how many of you took it seriously… I would like to share my experience here, being foodie I did have habit of not measuring things and just going with my gut feeling, same stuff I did with baking also, slowly improvised myself…. Now not a pinch of ingredient goes
extra in my baking process.
Baking sounds fun, but with perfect recipe and measurements.
Here’s a full proof, no fail recipe of pineapple cake a eggless one as this is vegetarian blog and I am a veggie.
So, let’s get started
#purvanchaltadka #pineapplecake #egglesscake#foodblogger
Eggless Pineapple cake
Ingredients for sponge:
- 240 grams Maida/ Refined flour
- 180 grams powdered sugar
- 120 grams milk powder
- 125 grams milk
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon /5 ml pineapple essence
- 125 grams unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
Ingredients for icing on cake
- 250 grams non-dairy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon yellow colour
- 3 to 4 tablespoon pineapple crush
Method for sponge :
- Take a dry bowl add in maida, baking powder, baking soda mix well or strain twice so that the baking soda and powder is mixed well
- Now in another bowl add butter, milk powder, milk, powdered sugar. Whisk this really well for like 2 minutes.
- Now, after that mix the wet ingredients in dry one’s but little at a time
- Once you have incorporated everything well
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes
- Once the oven is ready add the lemon juice ,pineapple essence in the batter and gently mix it
- Grease your 8 inch cake tin with butter and line it with parchment paper
- Pour the batter in the tin and bake for 35 minutes on 160 degrees
- After 35 minutes your sponge is done, remove and let cool down completely, for about 3 to 4 hours
Method for icing the cake :
- After cooling the cake cut in into 2 layer with a bread knife
- Soak both the cut layers with sugar syrup (1 cup water and 1 tablespoon sugar boil and cool, then use it) and keep it aside
- Whip the cream on a high speed with double blender till peaks are formed
- Take half in a bowl add pineapple crush and mix, this will be filled between the layers
- With rest of the whipped cream add yellow colour and mix it for the outer coating
Assembling of the pineapple cake
- Pour a spoon of whip cream on the surface of table or cardboard so that the cake doesn’t shift from its place while giving finishing touch
- Place one layer on the cream press a bit apply sugar syrup if you haven’t, now spread the pineapple crush whip cream on the layer with a spatula
- Place the other layer repeat the process
- Shape the edges of the cake
- Start applying yellow whipping cream on the whole cake and cover it perfectly
- Using piping bag and any desired nozzle give design
- For red whipped cream take a little white cream add red colour and mix that’s it
- Pineapple cake is ready to be enjoyed
- Try this recipe and do let me know in the comment section below
- If the batter is too thick you can add 5 ml milk more to it.
- Pineapple crush depends on your taste you can add more or less.
- You know your oven best, so set the temperature to which it works best is 180 degree to 160 degree
- My cake starts to burn at 180 degree so I bake at 160 degree
- Don’t keep opening the oven to check on the cake , this will stop the sponge from rising perfectly.