Salads have been the most important part of any country, each one has its own version and variety. Today I am exploring this Mexican salad. Tastes delicious, it’s wholesome, full of protein, fibre, flavourful and healthy. What else can one ask for? Have this Greek salad just a bowl and you are done.
This particular salad is made with boiled chickpea and feta cheese. A whole lot of veggies are also added with a salad dressing to enhance the flavour. I have been a fan of this wholesome salad since I ate this, my son drools over this.
Dressing in this salad should be added only before serving, otherwise, the salad will turn soggy. One can mix all the given ingredients and refrigerate them and add the dressing while serving.
So let’s get the recipe straight away
- 1 cup boiled chickpea
- 1 cup sliced cucumber with the skin
- 3/4 cup onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1 cup spinach leaves chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp white sesame seeds(roasted)
- 1 cup tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 tbsp red chili flakes
- 1/2 tbsp oregano
- salt as per taste
- 1 tsp sugar
- Coriander leaves chopped
- 200 grams Feta cheese
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- Take large bowl, add boiled chickpea.onion, cucumber, tomato,spinach, lemon juice, black peper powder, sesame seeds, red chili flakes, oregano, sugar, salt, coriander leaves, olive oil.
- Give it a nice toss
- Now, crumble feta cheese and add in the salad
- Mix it again
- Greek salad is ready to be served
- Hope you enjoyed this simple and easy salad
- If you have tried making this do comment down below.
- Until then keep exploring…….
If you want to make this a day before do not add in the oil, salt, sugar n cheese. Add when you are serving this will keep the salad crunchy n fresh.