Do you love eating paan, or have you ever tried one if not then I would suggest you to try. This is best for digestion, ayurveda recommends this for digestion and cooling effect on body.
Mostly all Indians love eating paan, some love it with beetel nuts while many, like me love sweet (meetha) paan.
Gulkand is the main ingredient used in paan, that is the flavour enhancer with some sugar coated fennel seeds, some mint balls. Making gulkand is super easy, which is going to blow your mind up, after checking out the recipe.
My garden is filled with rose plant, so thought of making some gulkand and preserving it.
Rose petals should be fresh and no dark spots have to be on them.
What is Gulkand?
Rose petals crushed with sugar is called gulkand.
So let’s get the recipe here
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #gulkandrecipe
- 1 bowl roses or 20 to 30 red roses
- 1 cup sugar
- Pluck the petals of roses
- Wash and pat dry the petals
- Take grinding jar and grind the petals or you can even cut them fine
- Remove it in small bowl
- In the same bowl take sugar
- Measurements should be same of crushed rose petals and sugar
- Now grind the sugar along crushed rose petals
- Make a paste
- Store it in a air tight container
- Keep it in the sun for 2 weeks
- After 2 weeks sundrying keep it in the refrigerator
- Remember the more aged gulkand, the more best it is in taste.
- You can use it fresh also, but I would suggest to use it after 2 months.
- Hope you liked this recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….