India is a country with diverse cultures, and with this, there comes diverse food culture as well. From North to South and East to West we have thousands of recipes with so many flavours.
India has a huge population who belongs to the vegetarian category, we mostly have a vegetarian version of every non-veg recipe 😉 if not we make one.
The Himalayas is a heaven on earth or you can say crown, one of the jewels is a state like Leh and Ladakh. Today’s special recipe is from this wonderful land soupy noodles called thukpa.
Thukpa is a traditional noodle made with wheat flour. This noodle is handmade in every household here. So fresh and wholesome this thukpa is, thukpa is a staple recipe of North East India, Nepal and some regions of Uttarakhand.
So you might be guessing how is this made, no worries this website is all about food and you’ll definitely nail this one.
So, let’s get started
Thukpa – soupy noodles
- 1 packet of Wheat noodles boiled
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 11/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 3 to 4 cups of water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 1/2 cup carrots cut long
- 1 /2 cup spring onions
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 tomato chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 1 teaspoon ginger finely sliced
- 1 teaspoon garlic finely sliced
- 3 to 4 green chilli (long slit)
- 1/2 cup French beans chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup spring onions greens
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Heat a wok pour in oil, now add garlic-ginger and green chilli. Saute till light brown
- Add in all the given veggies with red chilli powder, and garam masala powder and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour water and let it boil
- Meanwhile, cook the noodles in another pan. Here I have used Maggi atta noodles.
- Once the water has boiled for 5 minutes add in salt along with soy sauce boil for a few more seconds
- Off the flame Garnish with spring onions green.
How to serve Thukpa
Take a serving bowl pour in the soup top it with boiled noodles Sprinkle some black pepper powder and spring onions green. Thukpa is ready to be enjoyed. Wasn’t it very simple and easy? Do try this recipe, until then keep exploring…