Here’s another recipe from our very own Leh Ladakh region called thenthuk.
So, what is basically thenthuk? This is homemade pasta made up of wheat flour.
Vegetables used are all easily available in the market, or in your pantry.
This is a stew or you can call it soupy noodles.
Thenthuk is easily available in all the northeastern regions. Keeps the body warm during those cold days. Loaded with veggies, so healthy and wholesome. Give it try once and you will surely love this. A pure and simple recipe to the card on the menu.
Let’s see the ingredients and method.
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #thenthuk
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1/2 cup capsicum chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage chopped
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped ginger
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- Half chopped tomato
- 1 tablespoon chopped spring onion
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon red chilli sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon oil, a pinch of salt, and water for the dough
- First, take a bowl and add flour, oil, salt and water
- Knead a soft dough, and let it rest by covering it with a cloth
- After 10 minutes take small portions of the dough roll down like a disc cut long strips and keep them aside.
- Heat a wok add oil following by ginger, garlic and onion fry till light in colour
- Now add in capsicum, cabbage and spring onion
- Fry for a few seconds
- Pour water, you can adjust the consistency of the water here, more or less
- Pour soy sauce and red chilli sauce
- Mix it, now add in the handmade pasta
- Add salt n sugar
- Close the lid and cook for 10 minutes
- Open and serve it hot
Leave a Reply