The Tomato rice recipe is from the South of India region. Making tomato rice is quite simple and quick. Within a few minutes, you are done with a yum rice recipe.
If you are looking for a different taste rice recipe, then this is it. Do try this recipe where the ingredients used are all in your kitchen.
Mostly my all recipes are the ones with few ingredients or whatever is available in the kitchen pantry. Preferably I use fresh ingredients in my kitchen. Even the Ginger-garlic paste I make is fresh. Fresh ingredients do a lot of difference to the taste as well as health.
In our southern region, the tomato rice recipe is called Thakkali Sadam.
Let’s check out this simple recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #thakkalisadam#tomatorice
Tomato Rice Recipe
- 2 teaspoon oil
- 1 teaspoon mustard seed/rai
- 1 teaspoon urad dal/split black gram
- 1 teaspoon chana dal/chickpea split
- 2 dry red chilli
- 2 green chilli
- 4 to 5 curry leaves
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 tomatoes chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder/Haldi
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt or according to the taste
- 2 cups cooked rice (I have used leftover rice here)
- Take a kadhai heat oil, add rai let it splutter.
- Now add in urad n chana dal
- Fry till golden brown in colour
- Add dry red chilli, green chilli, curry leaves and onion fry till cooked.
- Add chopped tomatoes with the given masala and salt
- Cook the tomato covered on low flame till mushy
- Once the tomato is cooked well add in the rice and mix it well
- Tomato rice is ready, serve hot with some curd.