Mukhwas is a culture in every household in India. We Indians prefer having mukhwas after our meals, this helps us in digesting our food well.
One can find various ranges and varieties of mukhwas in the market. But as we all know store brought one has some kind of preservatives in them, to make them last longer. The ones made at home are free of chemicals, so let’s try them out today with some simple ingredients.
I did post a recipe on gulkand you can check it out hereGulkand recipe/Rose Jam
Gulkand or rose jam is healthy and delicious, I have made them using roses from my garden, you can buy them if you wish. Here’s one chutney that gives that fragrance and flavour to this mukhwas which makes it smell and taste just like the store. One will find this chutney in a local grocery shop called Meenakshi chutney or pan chutney.
By adding this to the mukhwas not a single guest will say it’s homemade, you can surprise them with your talent 😉. So let’s get started
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #gulkand#mukhwaas
- 5 to 10 Beetel leaves/pan
- 4 tablespoon dhana dal/ roasted coriander seed
- 4 tablespoon sauf/fennel seeds
- 8 to 10 tablespoons or a small packet of mixed colourful sauf
- 2 tablespoon Meenakshi/pan chutney
- 1 tablespoon amla supari
- 1 teaspoon elaichi/Cardamom powder
- Take a pan dry roast dhana dal and keep aside
- Cut the pan leaves finely and set aside
- In a mixing bowl add gulkand, chopped pan leaves, roasted dhana dal, sauf, amla supari, pan chutney and elaichi powder
- Mix all this very well
- The quantity of dhana dal and sauf can be adjusted according to one’s preference.
- Store it in an airtight container in the refrigerator
- Enjoy your Gulkand mukhwaas
Leave a Reply