In winter’s you get amla in abundance, why not try a chutney with these fresh gooseberry which goes well with bakris , rotis and rice.
Roasting is done on open fire with the flame low so that the Amla gets cooked a bit. After allowing it to cool don’t peel the skin grind the chutney with the skin, this makes this chutney full of flavours. Same way you have to roast garlic, chilli n ginger. Then grind it to fine paste. It that simple.
While buying Amla do buy the once without any dark spots.
Let’s get the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #gooseberry #chutney #dip
Roasted Amla Chutney
- 3 amla/gooseberry
- 4 green chilli
- 4 garlic cloves
- 5 to 6 pudina/ peppermint leaves
- Handful of coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black salt/kala namak
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Small piece of ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon jeera/cumin seeds
- 3 to 4 tablespoon water
- Roast amla, ginger, garlic n green chilli
- Take a grinder now remove the seeds of amla add them in the jar with coriander leaves, pudina,jeera,kala namak, salt,sugar,ginger,garlic, green chilli with some water
- Grind it to a fine paste
- Enjoy with rotis or bakris.
Leave a Reply