You are on the right page, searching for a perfect khatti meethi chutney that is simple and easy. Not like others, who have so much fancy stuff to add to this chutney, believe me with this basic ingredient you are going to make just your chaats and bhel taste like the chaatwala.
The sweet, spicy and tangy flavour of this chutney will make you crave more. Made with tamarind pulp and coriander leaves to balance the taste in any chaat.
Indian chaat is Incomplete with our chutneys two most important ones are khaathi chutney n meethi chutney. Meethi chutney is made of imli/ tamarind pulp. Today we are going to cook this simple but most important chutney for any chaat.
One can store them and reuse them when required from the refrigerator. Store it in an airtight container.
Where can you use this chutney?
Best for chaat and bhel. One can add a teaspoon as a salad dressing also. Have them with samosa, batata vada and dahi vada.
Some point to remember here is the tamarind you are using has to be fresh, otherwise the smell changes.
Let’s head on to the recipe
Imli/ Tamarind/ meethi chutney
- 100 grams imli/tamarind
- 100 grams sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon Kala namak/ black salt
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Take a pan to add in imli and water boil with sugar
- Boil this for 5 minutes, off the flame and let it cool down well
- Strain the pulp in another bowl, add in salt, Kala namak, red chilli powder, chaat masala
- Mix this well
- Note- adjust the masala n salt according to your taste.
- Imli chutney is ready to use when required.
- Store it in an airtight container when not in use.
- Lasts for 10 to 15 days.
- Hope you enjoyed this recipe.
- Until then keep exploring.
Coriander chutney/ Tikhi chutney
- Bunch of coriander leaves
- 1-inch ginger
- 4 to 5 garlic
- 4 to 5 green chilli
- 1 teaspoon jeera\ cumin seeds
- 1/2 cup Water
- Take a grinding jar
- Add coriander leaves, green chilli, salt, ginger, garlic, cumin and water
- Grind till smooth paste
- Remove from a serving bowl
- Coriander chutney is ready
- You have the perfect chaatwali chutney now, store and use as required.