Chaitra Navratri is around the corner and according to hindu calendar it’s a new year for all the Hindus.
As many do Nine days fasting in this navratri aswell, here I am with a recipe which will keep you full for the whole day, as this is completely satvic you can include this in your regular diet for a change.
This recipe is very basic and minimal as in North India especially in Uttar Pradesh and Bihar region we don’t add in much spices in our fasting recipes. Which all things are included in these recipes I’ll let you know further.
During fasting days we only consume sendha namak, regular salt is not used here.
Which food items and spices are included in fasting recipes?
Black pepper cons
Shingade ka atta/ chestnut flour
Rajgire ka atta/
Sabudana atta/tapioca flour
Ground nut oil
Milk and curd
This recipe is definitely going to keep full yet won’t make you sluggish. Potatoes are used here to give a base to the roti.
Let’s get this recipe and start the series for Falhari or varat ki recipes #1
- 4 to 5 boiled potatoes
- 1 cup tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon sendha namak
- 1 teaspoon jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1 green chili chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- Few coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 4 tablespoon water
- In a mixing bowl grate the boiled potatoes add in grated ginger, green chilli, coriander leaves, sendha namak, ghee, tapioca flour and water
- Knead a soft dough
- Keep tawa on the flame for heating grease it with little ghee
- Meanwhile dust flour on the counter take pinch of the dough and roll into small rotis
- Cook it on the tawa by applying ghee on both the sides
- This will take only 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Once done enjoy it with chutney or curd
- Hope you liked the recipe
- Until then keep exploring…
Leave a Reply