If you are wondering why the name Ram laddoo, so let me tell you this is a mystery and if something has no name it is named after God, so Ram laddoo
Delhi is famous for this dish,especially old Delhi. As I have said earlier, incorporating lentils in your daily diet is very important, try consuming as many variety as possible.
This specific laddoo is not sweet as the name suggests, instead it’s savoury and deep fried. The main ingredient here is moong dal with chana dal
A perfect chaat or snack for parties, no fuss recipe. You can easily make this during lock down
After cooking this chaat you will definitely forget about any other chaat during this lock down.
A very few stalls can be seen now selling Ram Laddoo. People if you traveling to Delhi do try this delicious Ram laddoo for sure.
After missing these Ram laddoo, I have recreated my version of this laddoo.
Let’s get the recipe
- 1 cup moong dal skinned /green gram split
- 1/2 cup chana dal /split chickpea
- 1 cup grated radish
- Imli /tamarind chutney
- Coriander chutney
- Chaat masala powder
- Kala namak
- Coriander leaves
- Pinch of Hing
- 1 1/2 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1/4 tablespoon haldi powder
- Oil for deep frying laddoo
- Soak both the dal overnight
- Next morning rinse and grind to a coarse paste
- Remove it in a mixing bowl
- Whisk it thoroughly, for at least 2 minutes,by whisking laddoo will be more fluffy and soft
- Now, add haldi powder, salt, coriander leaves, coriander powder and hing
- Mix it well
- Heat kadhai with oil and deep fry taking small portions of the mixture
- Fry till light in colour
- Remove it on a plate
How to Serve
- Take laddoo in small serving bowl, pour imli chutney, coriander chutney, sprinkle chaat masala, Kala namak and grated radish
- Voila your Ram laddoo is ready to be served just like the stallwalas.
- Hope you liked this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….