Serving snacks on a daily basis gets a bit hectic, so to make things a little easier I am sharing with you a simple Murmura/ puffed rice recipe, with some spices added to it. Nothing fancy here the ingredients used here can be easily found in your pantry. So what’s making you wait, head to the kitchen and get cooking.
Murmura has been in Indian kitchen since ages, I remember when we used go for vacations to our native place all the workers from the field use to have murmura for their break as a snack with some drinks which still goes on. Murmura being very light for digestion and healthy so it’s highly recommended for that small cravings where one just wants to eat something light rather than heavy snack.
So let’s see how this recipe shapes up in my kitchen, this is really very simple and easy to make.
#foodblogger #purvanchaltadka #murmura#puffedrice
- 2 packets of murmura
- 150 grams of ground nut
- 1 tablespoon haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon salt
- 1 cup makhana/foxnut
- 1/2 cup kaju/cashews
- 2 tablespoon Kishmish/raisins
- 1 packet of mixed Namkeen
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 cup oil
- Take a kadhai pour oil fry ground nut till light brown and remove it on a plate.
- In the same oil fry makhana, cashews and raisins and remove it on a plate
- Strain the excess oil and use only 4 tablespoon oil, now add in haldi, red Chilli powder with salt Cook for few seconds without burning it, keep the flame low.
- Add in the murmura and give it a quick mix, off the flame
- Add the fried ground nut, cashews and raisins, mix it
- Now add the namkeen along with makhana
- Bring all this together, store it in a air tight container
- Enjoy it with your tea or coffee.