White sauce has become so legendary that it goes well with everything you cook.
Known as Bechmel sauce in France. Serves well with pasta, Mac n cheese, nachos n sautéed veggies.
This is really simple to make and store if you want. Butter is sautéed with refined flour and later add milk. That’s how simple this is.
Utensils used here
If you use a non stick pan that will be better. If not a good stainless steel pan also works well.
So, let’s see what goes in cooking this.
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #whitesauce
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maida/ refined flour
- 3 cups milk
- Half tablespoon salt
- Half tablespoon black pepper powder
- 2 to 3 tablespoon grated cheese
- Heat a pan add butter/oil let it melt, add in the flour and saute till colour changes
- Pour in the milk , keeping rest for further use
- This mixture starts to thicken, add more milk to it
- It should be of pouring consistency
- Lower the flame add black pepper powder, salt and cheese
- Give it a nice mix.
- There shouldn’t be any lumps in it
- Once it boils, off the flame
- White sauce is ready for use
If you are struggling with the lumps in the sauce, then just blend the sauce in blender for 30 seconds only, you will get creamy and smooth white sauce. But keep in mind , the mixture is hot use blender accordingly.