We all work hard in giving one’s family the best of healthy food, by making kids eat more of veggies or trying to convince them.
Veg au gratin is one such recipe which I love baking and my kids enjoy eating them….the main reason is the amount of cheese is added to the recipe, layered with white sauce n topped with mozzarella, cheddar cheese.
Very simple recipe, extremely easy to make, enjoy them with your favourite bread. Love the vibrant colour this recipe has.
Origin of the dish
Veg au gratin recipe is from France 🇫🇷. So now we know which country made this delicious recipe.
Meaning of Gratin
Gratin means recipe which is topped with browned crust of breadcrumbs or cheese.
Let’s start with the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #vegaugratin
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup capsicum
- 2 tablespoon garlic (minced)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt or as per taste
- 1 cup white sauce
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- Cut all the veggies
- Take a pan pour olive oil and butter
- Saute all the given veggies for 1 minute by adding garlic and salt
- Take a baking dish grease it with olive oil
- Layer the veggies, top it with white sauce by fully covering the veggies
- Again layer another layer of veggies, pour the white sauce spread it evenly. Click here for the recipe White sauce
- Sprinkle black pepper powder
- Top with generous amount of mozzarella and cheddar cheese
- By covering well
- Sprinkle some olive oil
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or till the crust is brown
- Serve it hot with garlic bread and enjoy.
- Simple recipe for a lazy day.
- Hope you enjoyed this , until then keep exploring…….