This one cake is hands down favourite of all, literally all. Me included, as baking is a science we all know. Here I do have a perfect recipe down for you to keep as collection.
With this recipe you won’t go wrong on your baking. Many a times you get the recipe but not the exact cups or the tin. Here I’ll explain every detail so that you don’t go through what I have been to.In this one post you will get to know how to make chocolate sponge and the icing.
Do check my pineapple cake recipe here Eggless Pineapple cake
So many fail baking day’s I had, but not anymore. So set back and just read the recipe.
Let’s get the recipe here
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #egglesscakes
Ingredients for Sponge
- 200 grams Maida/ Refined flour
- 35 to 40 grams cocoa powder
- 200 grams powdered sugar
- 120 grams milk powder
- 120 grams milk (room temperature)
- 120 grams white butter/ margarine
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 5 ml vanilla essence
Ingredients for icing
- Chocolate chips
- Chocolate ganache
- Whipped cream
- Sugar water
- 1 cup = 240 grams
- 1 teaspoon = 5 ml
- In a mixing bowl seive maida,cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder. Mix this well
- Now, take another bowl pour in milk, powdered sugar, milk powder, butter and vanilla essence. This has to be whisked very well for say 2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture little by little in the dry ingredient
- Incorporate it well,don’t over mix it or beat hard.
- Preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 160°
- Now grease a 8 inch tin with butter or place a parchment paper
- Once oven is ready add the lemon juice in the cake mix,pour in the tin for baking.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes
- Eggless chocolate cake is ready to be enjoyed.
- For icing the cake, first cut the cake into 2 layers.
- Soak the cake with sugar water
- Spread ganache on first layer, chocolate whipped cream and some chocolate chips, place the second layer again soak this layer, repeat the process
- Cover it with whipped cream, here I have added ganache in the whipped cream for the the chocolatey flavour.
- Pipe your favorite design on the cake with different types of nozzle.
- All the ingredients should be at room temperature
- Use cups with exact measurements
- The above measurement is for 8″ tin if you have a small tin divide by half.