This cake has its origin from Mexico, Central America and Latin America. It’s a cake soaked in milk and cream. A very simple and delicious way of having a cake. Milk here makes this cake more yummy than you expect. Baking this cake is easy, like any regular one. Only thing is I have made a chocolate flavoured one, which is more preferred in the house. I have made my way of tres leche with preferred flavours.
Why the name Tres leche?
This recipe requires three( tres is three) types of milk in it. Whole milk, condensed milk and evaporated milk. So the name
How to serve?
Cut a square piece of the cake, place it on a plate and pour in the three milk mixture as desired around the cake, enjoy it as when you wish to.
This cake lasts for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator, best dessert for your guests at home. Making them a day before if you have a party or get together.
Once the bake is baked it is poked with a fork to have enough holes, so that the milk gets soaked well till the base.
Let’s just get the recipe now
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #tresleche
Ingredients for cake
- 200 grams Refined flour/Maida
- 180 grams powdered sugar
- 125 grams milk powder
- 125 grams white butter
- 5 ml vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 5 ml lemon juice
- 40 grams cocoa powder
- 125 grams milk
Ingredients for milk mixture
- 1/2 cup condensed milk
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder or ganache
- 1 teaspoon coffee powder
- Whipped cream for layering
- Some cocoa powder for dusting
- First let’s bake the cake, for that take a bowl add all the ingredients given except lemon juice and mix
- Preheat the oven at 160 degrees for 10 minutes
- The quantity I have used requires a 7 inch cake tin
- Take cake tin place it with a parchment paper
- Now add the lemon juice in the cake mixture mix it and pour in the tin
- Bake it for 40 minutes at 160 degrees detailed cake recipe Eggless chocolate cake sponge
- Once it’s done let it cool, then prick holes in it with a fork
- Now , take a bowl add condensed milk, milk, coffee powder and cocoa powder mix this well
- Pour it on the cake so that it soaks well
- Refrigerate the cake for 1 hour
- If you are short on this milk mixture prepare a bit more and keep
- Meanwhile whip the cream by adding cocoa powder
- Bring the out of the refrigerator and layer it with whipping cream
- And dust some cocoa powder with a strainer on the cake
- Freeze it for more one hour
- Cut it into squares and place one piece on a plate pour the milk mixture around the cake and enjoy this tres leche
Note- I have used a round cake tin you can use a square one for the perfect shape.