Old is gold we all have heard this and today I am talking about Almond milk or Badam doodh.In every Indian household one might have drank this soothing milk to boost your immunity or just to have a change in our regular milk.
Why we need to drink Almond milk/ Badam milk
Simple, it does change the taste as well it is one of the best health drink with power pack nutrition. Instead of adding store packed health drink powder to our milk go for home made version.
It all starts with soaking almonds/ badam for half an hour in warm water
Peeling the skin off and grinding it to a fine taste.You can add a tablespoon of milk while grinding the almond paste.
After the paste is ready, boil milk in a pan,pour the almond/ badam paste in the boiling milk and cook for five minutes or till the raw smell of the badam is gone.
Milk tends to get thicker after adding almond paste.Now to enhance the taste add 1/2 tablespoon elaichi/cardamom powder along with sugar,boil till sugar dissolves
Pour into glass and serve hot in winter’s and chilled in summer’s
A simple, healthy and power pack milk is ready for your growing kids or old one’s
By feeding all this stuff we can keep our loved one’s healthy and strong.Hope you liked the recipe
Almond milk/Badam milk
- 1 cup badam/Almond soaked in warm water
- 2 glass milk
- 1/2 tablespoon elaichi powder
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Fine slice of badam for garnish
- Soak badam for half an hour in warm water
- Peel and grind to fine paste
- Boil milk in a saucepan
- Pour badam paste in the milk
- Cook for 5 minutes or till raw smell of the almond is gone
- While cooking milk starts to thicken
- Add elaichi powder and sugar
- Boil for few seconds
- Pour them into glasses and serve hot
- Badam milk is ready,enjoy it
- Until then keep exploring……