Kesardoodh has a very special place in every Indians heart from our ancestors to our mother’s they will never go wrong with kesardoodh and make it a point that every winter these nutrients are served to everyone in the family.
Kesar has a special place in ayurveda ,This protects from cold,good for heart.Gives one a good sleep,Good for skin also.
Very easy and quick to make drink,let’s see what goes in making kesar doodh
I have not added cardamom powder here as it over powers the aroma of kesar/saffron as this is kesar doodh so let us keep it simple no need to make it fancy
- 2 glass of milk
- 8 to 10 strands of saffron
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Boil milk in saucepan,once it starts boiling add in saffron strands
- Boil for 1 minute more
- Add sugar
- Off the flame and cover the milk half(so that the milk doesn’t get spoiled)
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes,so that saffron dessolves well
- After 15 minutes open the lid and just press the saffron strands with spoon so that more flavour and colour is observed into the milk.
- If you wish boil the milk again if it has gone cold.
- Serve kesar doodh warm
- Healthy and nutritious drink is ready
- Until then keep exploring……