Best recipe for any fast, as navratri is here you can try out making this milk halwa.
Milk halwa is one such sweet that is served at every sweet shop in Uttar Pradesh ,you can find them easily. This halwa can be stored in refrigerator in an air tight container.
This sweet can be made for all festive occasion especially Krishna janmastami .
Paal means milk in Tamilnadu and kova is actually khoya. So the name palkova. This is called milk halwa as well.
Let’s see the recipe card
- 1 litre milk
- 1/2 cup sugar or as per taste
- 1 tablespoon elaichi powder
- Take a large kadhai
- Boil milk till thick. This takes an hour
- Once milk has thicken add sugar and elaichi powder
- Cook till sugar melts properly
- Milk halwa /palkova is ready to enjoy
- Hope you liked this recipe
- This is same as making khoya only difference is we add sugar and elaichi powder and keep it condensed
- Though later it thickens
- Until then keep exploring…….