Bengali sweets are completely die for me and I guess for everyone out there, making them at home is equally simple with just keeping in mind the small details. If you have patience and will, then this recipe or any recipe you will try and won’t make you disappointed.
During this lock down period, where all the shops are closed and if you have craving for mithai, what best can we do just grab a recipe and make one.
This sweet I made on occasion of Akshay Tritiya for bhog to Lord Krishna, a very simple and easy to make mithai.
With detailed picture below
So let’s get the recipe
- 2 litre milk
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar or as per taste
- Few drops of kewara essence
- 1/2 milk
- Some saffron strands
- Ghee for greasing or butter paper
- Keep milk for boiling and once it starts boiling add in lemon juice
- After that the milk starts to cuddle
- When the milk has completely cuddled
- Keep a muslin cloth on the strainer and strain it after that rinse it with water, so that the lemony taste is washed.
- Squeeze it well
- Take a mixer jar add in the chenna (that’s the cuddled milk) with sugar, milk and few drops of kewara essence
- Blend it to a fine paste
- Grease a pan with ghee or keep butter paper
- Pour the mixture in the tray
- Tab it well
- Spread saffron strands over the mixture
- Now get your steamer ready and steam for 20 minutes or till its done
- And if you don’t have a steamer then you can take a pan place a ring add water and place the tray on that, cover and cook for 20 minutes .
- Pierce a tooth pick and check, if it comes out clear Sandesh is done
- Remove it from the pan cut into desired shape ,don’t try to pick the pieces first refrigerator it
- Refrigerator it for 1 hour
- Now, get the pieces out on a plate and serve them chilled
- A best sweet for any guests or festival, what better than home made sweet
- If you enjoyed this recipe to hit the like button
- Until then keep exploring…….