Would you really like to know the difference between Tikki and cutlet?
Let me answer this if you still know,
Tikki is basically shallow fried and cutlet is deep fried. That’s the difference they have.
Soya paneer tikki as the name is a wholesome snack for any occasion.
You can make these tikkis and freeze them as well, just shallow fry when required.
Serves well with coriander chutney.
Paneer and soybean chunks are fully protein packed, this keeps one full for a long time.
We love using mini chunks,rather than the big ones.As the taste differs a lot with mini ones.I am using Nutrela soy chunks here a brand that I have trusted for long.
This recipe will be loved by all in the house, that’s my bet to you.
For binding these together I have used chickpea flour here.
So, let’s get started with the recipe
Soya Paneer Tikki
- 1 cup paneer (grated)
- 1 cup soya chunks (boiled,squeezed and grinded)
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- 2 green chillies chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon kashmiri red chilli powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoon dhaniya/coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 tablespoon jeera/cumin powder
- 1/4 tablespoon black salt/kala namak
- Salt as per taste
- 1/2 chickpea flour/besan as per requirement
- 1/4 tablespoon amchur/dried mango powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- Oil for frying
- Take a bowl add grated paneer and soybean (grind to a paste)
- Mix,then add the veggies and given masala
- Add salt with chickpea flour
- Mix all this very well
- Adjust the chickpea flour as per requirement, if the mixture is not binding well
- Now heat a tawa
- Make small tikkis of the mixture
- Drizzle some oil on tawa and cook tikkis
- Cook till golden brown in colour
- Once they all are fried well
- Serve them with coriander chutney and enjoy this lip-smacking tikkis in all the weathers with your hot cup of tea.
- This is really a very simple tikkis recipe
- Only the list of ingredients looks lengthy
- Rest the process is simple which you can understand after reading.
- Hope this recipe was interesting for you and if you have tried it do mention me or tag me #purvanchaltadka
- Until then keep exploring…….