Winter’s require some extra warmth, what better way than cozying up in your blanket and sipping this pipping hot… Hot chocolate with some garnish on top, enjoy it with your family n loved ones. Chocolate is such a beauty that sipping or having them brings a smile on anyone’s face, do you agree with this. I would like to say one more thing here, we many a times tend to ignore the product we buy, like the brand if something is cheap one jumps to buy that, saying it’s all the same only different brands price their product according to their demand, but that’s not true if you buy a high quality product the result will also vary to a huge extend, what I am saying is buy a good brand for chocolate powder here you will notice the change.
At times kids do get bored of having their regular milk with all the protein powder, they search for something special and different. My twins started asking me for hot chocolate, which I did oblige to. So thought of storing this yummy mixture.
Made them in bulk quantity and stored it in air tight container. Now, even if I am not at home they boil the milk and add hot chocolate premix… Voila… All good to go.
Sharing with you this simple recipe of hot chocolate premix, if you have a huge craze for them make and store. Serve them to your guests on any chilling winter day,this keeps one warm.
So let’s get this Hot Chocolate Premix recipe straight away
Hot Chocolate Premix
- 125 grams milk powder
- 100 grams powdered sugar or according to sweetness
- 120 grams cocoa powder
- 85 grams cornstarch
Ingredients for garnishing
- 2 tablespoon chocolate chips
- whipping cream for topping (optional)
Making of premix
- Take a mixing bowl, add in cocoa powder, milk powder, powdered sugar, cornstarch give it a nice mix
- See that there is no lumps
- For better result seive it
- Store it in air tight container and freeze
- Your premix is ready for use
- This lasts for 2 months in freezer.
Method of making Hot chocolate using premix
- Take a saucepan boil 250 ml milk, once it starts boiling add 1 tablespoon premix powder
- Boil it for 1 minutes till a bit thick
- Add one tablespoon melted chocolate or if you have any chocolate bar use it
- Boil again
- Off the flame
- Take serving glass add some chocolate chips
- Pour in the hot chocolate
- Add more premix powder if you want it thick
- If you wish, top it up with some generous amount of whipping cream and garnish with chocolate chips
- If you don’t have whipped cream that’s ok skip it
- Garnish with more chocolate chips
- A yummy Hot chocolate is ready to served
- Hope you liked this recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….
Corn starch can’t be skipped in this recipe as it gives thickness to Hot chocolate. Adjust premix powder according to your desired thickness