Are you hunting for something healthy yet chatpata, then you are on the right page.
Today we’ll make an yum snack for any time craving. Best home made snack keeping in mind one’s health. Eating deep fried once in a while is OK, so today I am sharing with you lauki/bottlegourd bhajiya. You might think why healthy when it’s deep fried, as it has lauki/ bottlegourd.
Let’s jump into the recipe
- 1 cup lauki finely sliced
- 2 cup besan/gram flour
- 1/2 cup rice flour
- 2 tablespoon garam masala powder
- 1/4 tablespoon haldi/turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon red chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon jeera/ cumin seeds
- 1/4 tablespoon ajwain/ carom seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt or as per taste
- 2 tablespoon oil
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a bowl add besan, rice flour, garam masala, haldi, red chili powder, salt and oil
- Rub it well with your hands so that all spices and oil gets mixed well.
- Now add water and bring this batter to a thick consistency.
- Whisk this mixture for a good five minutes and leave to rest
- Heat kadai with oil for deep frying
- Dip one slice in the batter and deep fry till golden brown
- Fry all the lauki in same way till golden brown
- Remove on tissue so that extra oil drips out.
- Serve them hot with green chutney
- Crispy and delicious bhajiya is ready.
- Hope you liked this simple recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….