Bun maska is nothing but bread butter, with a little twist here. This Banarasi Bun maska is one of the best bun I have had in my life, simple and sober.
Banaras has a very unique way of toasting their buns, the charred taste of the bun with dollops of butter applied on it makes one craving for more.
With my recent visit to Varanasi I did get the opportunity to taste all the famous stuff Varanasi is famous for. One of them is this Bun maska. To be frank this was my husband’s favourite and I use to wonder what is it…..now after tasting this Bun maska I am in love with it.
So thought of recreating the Bun maska which I had in Varanasi with you guys, so that you can enjoy if not possible to reach 😉
Let’s get the recipe
- 2 burger bun or bread slices
- Amul butter
- Chaat Masala
- Black salt/ Kala namak
- First cut buns into two slice
- Apply butter on both the sides of bun or bread
- Place a grilling stand on fire
- Keep the buns on them for the smoky taste
- Turn them quickly to toast on both the sides
- Remove from fire and keep on a serving plate
- Apply generous amount of butter on the buns
- Sprinkle chaat masala and black salt according to taste
- Place the bun on one another
- Toast them again on fire quickly
- Apply butter on top of the buns serve them hot.
- Bun maska is ready to be enjoyed the Banarasi way.
- Whole of Purvanchal region enjoys their bun maska in this manner
- Hope you loved the desi recipe
- Until then keep exploring…….