Cooking medu vada looks a bit tough for many people, but if you will follow this recipe it will be easy for you. Believe me, this recipe is simple and hassle-free.
Nothing fancy in making these vadas, just a little trick and you are sorted.
The trick is just to keep following
First while mixing the Ingredients do beat the batter for 5 minutes this will make the Vada fluffy without adding any soda, if you wish to add (soda) you can.
Second use a spatula apply water place the batter and give it shape by pressing in the centre to make a small hole. This will give you the exact shape of medu vada.
So what are you waiting for head and do try this now…
Let’s get the recipe
#purvanchaltadka #foodblogger #meduvada
- 250 grams split urad dal (without skin)/ split black lentils
- 1 tablespoon black pepper powder
- 3 to 4 green chilli chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon ginger
- 1 tablespoon crushed coriander seeds
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak urad dal overnight in water
- Next day rinse it well in running water and grind with ginger adding little water
- The batter has to be a fine paste.
- Now, remove it to a bowl and add black pepper powder, green chilli, coriander seeds, salt, curry leaves
- Mix this well, and beat the batter for 5 minutes to make them fluffy.
- Let it rest for 10 minutes
- Heat oil for deep frying
- Take a spatula to apply water place the batter and give it shape by pressing in the centre.
- Drop the vada in the oil, be careful while doing this. Apply little water not too much.
- Fry till golden brown in colour on both the sides
- Remove on a plate, and deep fry all the vadas in that manner for the perfect shape.
- Serve it with sambhar and coconut chutney.