Kesardoodh has a very special place in every Indian’s heart from our ancestors to our mother’s they will never go wrong with Kesar doodh and make it a point that every winter these nutrients are served to everyone in the family.
Kesar has a special place in Ayurveda, This protects from cold, good for the heart. Gives one a good sleep, Good for the skin also.
Very easy and quick to make a drink, let’s see what goes into making Kesar doodh
I have not added cardamom powder here as it overpowers the aroma of Kesar/saffron as this is Kesar doodh so let us keep it simple no need to make it fancy
- 2 glasses of milk
- 8 to 10 strands of saffron
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- Boil milk in a saucepan, once it starts boiling add in saffron strands
- Boil for 1 minute more
- Add sugar
- Off the flame and cover the milk half(so that the milk doesn’t get spoiled)
- Leave it for 10 to 15 minutes, so that saffron dissolves well
- After 15 minutes open the lid and just press the saffron strands with a spoon so that more flavour and colour are observed in the milk.
- If you wish boil the milk again if it has gone cold.
- Serve kesar doodh warm
- A Healthy and nutritious drink is ready
- Until then keep exploring……